[cisco-nas] X.75 and modem dial-in, autocommand to TCP

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Mar 11 15:30:46 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 08:09:43PM +0100, marc at belbone.net wrote:
> I don't think Cisco ISDN equipment supports X.75.

They do :-) - See Aaron's post.  It's a "somewhat" recent addition
(it came a few years after everyone else, so the notion that "Cisco
cannot do it" has stuck).

> Many years back we had US Robotics Total Control with dual PRA per
> card, these can do it.
> USR was sold to 3COM, no idea this is still supported officially.

3COM effectively wrecked all the good stuff that USR did.  Including
the I-Modem.  Which I really hate them for.

> I think the later versions of firmware of the 3COM support syncPPP
> and this works perfectly on a Cisco access servers or routers with
> ISDN interface (PRI or BRI)
> In this case you don't need 'modems' on the Cisco router

I have modems on the client side, and very specific software (medical
requirements) that will *not* speak any sort of IP.  It will do
"call up modem, follow a given chat sequence, do zmodem download,
hang up".

But anyway, thanks for that suggestion :-)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de