[cisco-nas] X.75 (LAPB-TA) - get ISDN port into Radius Acct?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jul 12 06:21:09 EDT 2011

Hi,

coming back to an ooold thread... :-)

I'm using an AS5300 and a 3640 to terminate incoming X.75 and modem calls,
and relay them via "telnet" to a unix box that does "server things"
(provides files for zmodem download).

This works nicely (except for slow interface buffer leaks that can be
handled by rebooting once a week).

For reference, the config is like this (only the most important bits):

aaa authentication login DIALIN none
aaa authorization exec DIALIN none
aaa accounting exec DIALIN start-stop group radius
aaa accounting connection DIALIN start-stop group radius

interface BRI1/1
 description Mailbox-Einwahl
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 autodetect encapsulation lapb-ta
 isdn incoming-voice modem 64
 hold-queue 500 in
 hold-queue 500 out

line 65 89
 location TTY lines for modem callers
 no exec-banner
 authorization exec DIALIN
 accounting connection DIALIN
 accounting exec DIALIN
 login authentication DIALIN
 modem Dialin
 autocommand  telnet myserver 8023
 special-character-bits 8
 escape-character NONE

line vty 5 30
 location VTYs for LAPB-TA (X.75) callers
 no exec-banner
 authorization exec DIALIN
 accounting connection DIALIN
 accounting exec DIALIN
 login authentication DIALIN
 autocommand  telnet myserver 8023
 special-character-bits 8
 transport input lapb-ta
 escape-character NONE

radius-server host myserver auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key mykey
radius-server vsa send cisco-nas-port
radius-server vsa send accounting

What I'm missing today is to be able to correlate incoming connections
on the server to specific phone lines on the 3640.  Like "User fred calls
the hotline and complaining about frequent disconnects - where did
fred's calls terminate?".

So I thought I'd use Radius Accounting to get me that, but of course
there's a catch...

Attributes:
  Acct-Session-Id:     0000010A
  Login-Service:       Telnet
  Login-IP-Host:       192.168.41.7
  Login-TCP-Port:      8023
  Acct-Authentic:      Local
  Acct-Terminate-Cause: User-Request
  Acct-Session-Time:   14
  Acct-Status-Type:    Stop
  Calling-Station-Id:  008912007738
  Called-Station-Id:   691
  NAS-Port:            79
  NAS-Port-Id:         tty79
  NAS-Port-Type:       Async
  Connect-Info:        31200 V34+/V42bis/LAPM
  Service-Type:        NAS-Prompt-User
  NAS-IP-Address:      192.168.41.175
  Acct-Delay-Time:     0
VSA for vendor 9
    Cisco-AVPair:        disc-cause-ext=TS User Exit\|connect-progress=Estab\'d Telnet Conn\|nas-tx-speed=31200\|nas-rx-speed=31200
    Cisco-NAS-Port:      tty79

... for modem calls, I get the tty number that corresponds to the modem
being used, and for ISDN X.75 calls, I get the "first free" vty number
(usually tty135 = vty 5) where the call terminated.

Now the question: is there a trick to get the "hardware port" (BRI1/2:2)
into the Radius records for X.75/LABP-TA or Modem calls?

If Radius is not the tool I want, is there anything else (in a 3640)
that will give me the data?

I have syslog, of course, but that's missing all the other goodies, like
"connect-info" or bytes/packets transferred...

thanks in advance :)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de