[cisco-nas] ISDN calls not making it to NM-6DM

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Feb 6 14:09:49 EST 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 10:01:03AM -0600, Eric K wrote:
> Late, but yeah, no data on VIC!
> http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/digital-ccs/7960-2isdn-bri-vic.html

Now that is... interesting, because together with a PVDM2-12DM, they
document the VIC2-2BRI as compatible to handle incoming *modem* calls...

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/interface-cards/product_data_sheet0900aecd8050918e.html

... I admit that I had never imagined that they wouldn't do basic ISDN
stuff then...

MMmmh.  Now how does on terminate ISDN S0 "with modem and ISDN" on
a 2800/2900 these days?

There's a HWIC-4B-S/T, which in turn is *not* listed as compatible
with the PVDM2-12DM...

(Yes, I know that the PVDM2-xDM is EOLed.  Doesn't help me fulfill
customer requirements, which is "robust ISDN+Modem dial-in into $Box",
which is currently services by 3640s with NM-8B-S/T + NM-DM - totally
fossilized stuff, but very reliable...)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de