[nsp] bandwidth manager

Luciano Salata salata-list@ifxnw.com.ar
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:05:46 -0300

But in this case, the BW manager needs to "understand" tagged frames.
I've one in production and it doens't support tagged frames, so doens't
handle or apply configured policy.

Luciano

-----Mensaje original-----
De: cisco-nsp-admin@puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-admin@puck.nether.net]En nombre de Ryan O'Connell
Enviado el: Viernes, 02 de Agosto de 2002 05:44 a.m.
Para: Benjie Ko; cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Asunto: Re: [nsp] bandwidth manager

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 19:08:18 -0700 (PDT) Benjie Ko <gerwalk1@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Is it possible to put a transparent ethernet bridge
> (bandwidth manager) between two cisco switches doing ISL
> trunking?
>
> Will the ISL link still go up?
> According to our supplier as long as the ethernet
> frames are standard w/ standard vlan tagging, it should work, but they
> are not familiar with ISL encapsulation so they cant give me a conclusive
> answer.

ISL isn't "standard VLAN tagging" so this almost certainly won't work.
802.1q ("dot1q") is standard however, so if you can use that for trunking
instead it should work.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time