[nsp] Css 11800 content replication

Tim D. zsolutions@cogeco.ca
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 20:08:49 -0500

Hello,

I have been attempting to do content replication on my css 11800's.

I basically have one css monitoring ftp roots on 2 servers.  If content in a
root directory changes
on either of the css's, the file gets replicated to a sub directory on both
servers.  That is, I have one publishing service for each IP monitoring the
root of themselves.  If either of their roots changes, the CSS will
replicate to the sub folder on both machines.  I currently have no content
rule defined.

However, when I enable this, the 11800's cpu for that line card (only that
card) goes ballistic, and my telnet/console session is lost, never to
return.  A solution is to reboot the css, and then remove/suspend the
services.  This is not really a solution though ;).

I am running webNS 5.02.

Am I doing something wrong?  From what I can tell reading *all* of the docs
(regarding content replication) online, my configuration is unique in that I
have two subscribers configured on one service.

Can someone please inform me as to a source of more information on content
replication scenario literature?  If you have any additional information as
to what is possibly causing this problem, I would be very open to
suggestions as well.