[nsp] 3640 Failure Rates

Kevin Gannon kgannon@lancomms.ie
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 08:44:57 +0100

We have noticed in the last three weeks a very high failure rate in
one of our networks we have had three 3640 fail. After they fail they
will not boot and the leds show orange rather than green and the
console is often dead. They fail in different parts of the country
and we dont have lighting that often.

Anyone know of any issues HW wise on these boxes, I can not
see any field notices about short life spans. The boxes are in
service maybe 2years.

Regards,
Kevin

the system manager.