[nsp] Not using "redist sta sub" in OSPF

Daniska Tomas tomas@tronet.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:02:54 +0200

usually the confusion comes from the difference of the 'network x.x.x.x'
command meaning in routing protocols. i mean:

- in bgp, it means 'originate this PREFIX if present in the routing
table' (of course if other conditions are met - like synchronization
etc.). that means, _directly_ triggering announcements. it applies to
ANY routes (connected, static, dynamic from igp's etc.)

- in ospf, it means 'activate ospf on all interfaces whose ip addressess
comply to this WILDCARD'. this turns on hello's etc but also makes the
router advertising this as the ospf router link - thus _indirectly_
triggering the announcements. it applies to CONNECTED routes only (so
even if a static route complies to the wildcard it is not originated by
the 'network' command)

- etc for other routing protocols

- so as ryan said, use controlled 'redistribute static'

hope this helps

deejay

--
=20