[nsp] AS53xx V.92 configuration not working

Cisco Geek Rotation cisco@peakpeak.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 11:14:00 -0600

I've been reading:

<http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/v92_21360.html>

Trying to configure V.92 on a AS53192 as a test bed.  Have the latest
2.9.2.0 MICA portware installed and verified the version and runtime
requirements, and the IOS version 122-2.XA5.bin is apparently the
sanctioned one to use.

When modem calls disconnect, and the modem is apparently getting
reinitialized, I get this log message (FWIW I also get this when I
reconfigure the modemcap):

%TTY-3-AUTOCONFIG: TTY103: Modem auto-configuration failed

I went to the Cisco site and found:

TTY Messages
The following are tty-related error messages for all platforms.
Error Message
%TTY-3-AUTOCONFIG: TTY[t-line]: Modem auto-configuration failed
Explanation Modem autoconfiguration has failed either because the modem
rejected the configuration string or because of a timeout.

My config couldn't be simpler, and it's exactly what is in the tech note
(one line wrap in here):

----
Suggested modem cap for MICA with V.92 MoH, QC and V.44 enabled:
modemcap edit cisco misc
&F&D2S62=8S63=3S21=15S29=12S34=18000S40=10S54=456S10=50debugthismodemS71=4

line 1 192
  exec-timeout 0 0
  no flush-at-activation
  modem Dialin
  modem autoconfigure type cisco
  transport input all
  autoselect during-login
  autoselect ppp
----

So why is it that the modems are failing to initialize with this
modemcap?  Thanks for any hints.

Chris