[nsp] 2500 router load

Ryan O'Connell ryan@complicity.co.uk
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 07:16:39 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 05:26:31 GMT prashant desai <prashant.desai@iqara.net> wrote:
>    can anyone tell me how much electrical load(in Kva) a
> cisco 2500 routers takes ?

The only way to find out for sure is to measure the current your one is
using with a clamp meter. Different versions of the 2500 will use different
amounts of power - possibly even different revisions of the same model will
differ.

For an absolute maximim value, look at the data plate on the back of the
router. (VA = Volts * Amps) So if it's 230V @ 0.5 that's a maximum of
115VA. (That's using data taken from cisco.com for a 2500 in Europe.) In
practice, I suspect you'd see less than half that power being used.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time