[nsp] Backing up an ADSL connection with WIC-ADSL

Josh Duffek jduffek@cisco.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:01:17 -0500

this has been discussed here a bunch.
there is a feature being worked on to do what your need....CSCds88143.

joshd.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arie Vayner" <ariev@netvision.net.il>
To: <cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 4:43 PM
Subject: [nsp] Backing up an ADSL connection with WIC-ADSL

Hi

I am trying to establish ISDN backup for an ADSL connection.
We are using 17xx routers with 2 WICs (ISDN and ADSL).
ADSL is the main connection, but I want to dial the ISDN link when the
ADSL goes down.

We are running in PPPoA ADSL mode, so the ADSL dialer never goes down
(even if we shut the atm interface...) so the backup does not get it's
trigger.

Except running a routing protocol over the link, does any one have any
idea?

--
Arie