[nsp] Re: [nsp] ¿ Is it possible to change the order "BGP best path selection algorithm" ?

Ryan O'Connell ryan@complicity.co.uk
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:46:26 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:42:02 +0200 cros_m@tsm.es wrote:
> The Question: There are many options to change the behavior of the "BGP
> best path selection algorithm".
> My doubt is if there is any option, so we can decide first by RouterID
> instead of  "eBGP is preferred over iBGP path".

No, nor would you want to. Consider the situation where two routers peer
with each other via iBGP and both have "good" router IDs that beat all eBGP
peers. Then what if both routers receive identical routes to a destination
via eBGP - advertising that route to all iBGP peers. Both routers then
choose the iBGP route to the destination over the eBGP route and a routing
loop is formed.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time