[nsp] AS53xx V.92 configuration not working

Aaron Leonard Aaron Leonard <Aaron@Cisco.COM>
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:56:16 -0700 (PDT)

> >With our V.92 implementation, the modulation is still V.90.  We do not
> >yet support V.92 modulation (which, when it comes, will be PCM Upstream,
> >and will only be available on NextPort, not on MICA.)

> Thanks Aaron.

> Can you find for me where it says on this Press Release that the V.92 PCM
> upstream feature is not going to be supported on the AS53xx platform?

> http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/fspnisapiae28.html

That's pretty vague there.  It says "AS5x00 remote access products will
support V.92 and V.44" - which is true, they all do (except the AS5100
and AS5200.)  It also describes the V.92 Quick Connect, Modem on Hold,
and PCM Upstream features.  I don't see where it says which particular
features will be implemented on which platforms.

Although I certainly understand how you might have gotten the impression
that it said there that PCM Upstream would be supported on the AS5300 ...
I'm afraid that Marketese is subtly different from normal English.

By the way, we DO plan to get PCM Upstream on the AS5350 (but not on the
AS5300).

Regards,

Aaron

---