[nsp] Flash Memory via Compact Flash card

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:47:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Roy wrote:

> I am looking at increasing the flash memory in some 7200VXRs.  Has
> anyone had success using Compact Flash memory in a PCMCIA adapter?  That
> seems to be a cheap way to go.  I inserted the card from my camera into
> a router and could see disk1: and all its files.  I seemed to be able to
> write to it also.

The real question is, could you boot from it?  We have one 7206 that came
(used) with a 48mb card that's seen as disk0:.  Is there any disadvantage
to such flash 'disks' instead of the (I assume older) flash memory cards?

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |