[nsp] Transparent transport between 2 ports in 1 catalyst 6500

Mulas Platero, Juan Luis JLMulas@uni2.es
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:04:37 +0200

------_=_NextPart_001_01C25004.440450E0

Hello everybody.

I have the next problem and I hope you can help me.
I have a BAS connected to a CISCO 7500 router through a Fast Ethernet =
interface. Between them, there is a CISCO 6500 catalyst.

We want to integrate ADSL access to MPLS-VPNs. As the BAS doesn't =
support MPLS, we have decided to create 802.1Q VLANs between the BAS =
and CISCO router (one for each VPN client), and associate a VRF to each =
VLAN (client) in the CISCO router.

In order to minimize the number of equipments to configure when =
provisioning a client, we want to make the creation of VLANs in the BAS =
and router transparent to the catalyst.
That is, is it possible for a catalyst to transparently transport the =
traffic received in one port to another?

We were thinking about 802.1Q tunneling (Q-in-Q), but I think it is not =
possible to initiate and terminate the tunnel inside the same catalyst. =
Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Have you faced with a similar situation? Do you have any suggestions?

I would apreciate your help

Thanks in advance.

	Juan Luis

_____________________________________________________________=20
Uni2 Telecomunicaciones, S.A.U.=20
Aviso legal:=20

Este mensaje electr=F3nico est=E1 dirigido =FAnicamente a la(s) =
direcci=F3n(es) indicadas anteriormente; el car=E1cter confidencial, =
personal e intransferible del mismo est=E1 protegido legalmente. =
Cualquier revelaci=F3n, uso o reenv=EDo no autorizado, completo o en =
parte, est=E1 prohibido.=20

Si ha recibido este mensaje por equivocaci=F3n, notif=EDquelo =
inmediatamente a la persona que lo ha enviado y borre el mensaje =
original junto con sus ficheros anexos sin leerlo ni grabarlo, total o =
parcialmente.=20

Gracias=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C25004.440450E0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Transparent transport between 2 ports in 1 catalyst 6500</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hello everybody.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have the next problem and I hope you =
can help me.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have a BAS connected to a CISCO =
7500 router through a Fast Ethernet interface. Between them, there is a =
CISCO 6500 catalyst.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We want to integrate ADSL access to =
MPLS-VPNs. As the BAS doesn't support MPLS, we have decided to create =
802.1Q VLANs between the BAS and CISCO router (one for each VPN =
client), and associate a VRF to each VLAN (client) in the CISCO =
router.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">In order to minimize the number of =
equipments to configure when provisioning a client, we want to make the =
creation of VLANs in the BAS and router transparent to the =
catalyst.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">That is, is it possible for a catalyst =
to transparently transport the traffic received in one port to =
another?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We were thinking about 802.1Q =
tunneling (Q-in-Q), but I think it is not possible to initiate and =
terminate the tunnel inside the same catalyst. Please, correct me if I =
am wrong.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Have you faced with a similar =
situation? Do you have any suggestions?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I would apreciate your help</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks in advance.</FONT>
</P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Juan Luis</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>_____________________________________________________________ =
</FONT></I>
<BR><I><FONT SIZE=3D2>Uni2 Telecomunicaciones, S.A.U. </FONT></I>
<BR><I><FONT SIZE=3D2>Aviso legal: </FONT></I>
</P>

<P><I><FONT SIZE=3D2>Este mensaje electr=F3nico est=E1 dirigido =
=FAnicamente a la(s) direcci=F3n(es) indicadas anteriormente; el =
car=E1cter confidencial, personal e intransferible del mismo est=E1 =
protegido legalmente. Cualquier revelaci=F3n, uso o reenv=EDo no =
autorizado, completo o en parte, est=E1 prohibido. </FONT></I></P>

<P><I><FONT SIZE=3D2>Si ha recibido este mensaje por equivocaci=F3n, =
notif=EDquelo inmediatamente a la persona que lo ha enviado y borre el =
mensaje original junto con sus ficheros anexos sin leerlo ni grabarlo, =
total o parcialmente. </FONT></I></P>

<P><I><FONT SIZE=3D2>Gracias </FONT></I>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C25004.440450E0--