[nsp] strange behavior (juniper to switch to switch to customer)

Jan Czmok czmok@gatel.net
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 02:51:19 +0100

Daniel Roesen (dr@cluenet.de) wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 09:47:54PM +0100, Jan Czmok wrote:
> > could it be the fibre to ethernet converter ?
>
> Could you elaborate what you meant with "i can either the mac adresses
> but ping does not work"? I didn't really understand this sentence.
>
> Can you see opposite sides MAC addresses or not?

if i run the switch with either no vlan's configured (e.g. also no
trunk) all works fine.

if i run native vlan over a trunk it works as well...

if i try to run a vlan over it: no go.

--jan

p.s..: i checked the converters, i use the same kind on a trunk to
another pop and there it works like a charm (but the switch is a
cat2924)

--
     Jan Ahrent Czmok - Senior Network Engineer - Access Networks
Global Access Telecommunications, Inc. - Stephanstr. 3 - 60313 Frankfurt