[nsp] routing on the ethernet management port of a CSS11500?

Ryan O'Connell ryan-nsp@complicity.co.uk
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:35:18 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:25:16 +0800 (HKT) Eric So <eric.so@graduate.hku.hk> wrote:
> I wonder if anyone has experience to route traffic on the ethernet
> management
> port of a CSS11500? We are planning to send SNMP trap to a destination
> which
> is on a different network of the management port. It looks like the
> default
> route doesn't apply to management port. Any idea?

You can't set routes pointing out the management interface at all. The only
solution I know of is to give the interface a false netmask such as
255.0.0.0 (If you're using 10.0.0.0 for your management networks) and rely
on Proxy ARP.

--
      Ryan O'Connell
Mail: ryan@complicity.co.uk