[nsp] (no subject)

Chad Skidmore cskidmore@go180.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 23:55:45 -0800

Actually we are getting sub-interface SNMP stats now on our 7500 with
GEIP+.  The IOS that we are running is  12.0(21)ST4.

Regards,
Chad

-----------------------------------
Chad Skidmore
One Eighty Networks
http://www.go180.net
509-688-8180

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Ward [mailto:dward@pla.net.au]
Posted At: Friday, December 06, 2002 10:46 PM
Posted To: Cisco List
Conversation: [nsp] (no subject)
Subject: Re: [nsp] (no subject)

As we found Cisco does not create unique SNMP ID's for 802.1q logical
subinterfaces, they only do it for ISL.

When we logged a feature request we were not given an ETA for inclusion
or even if it would ever be :o(

So for interfaces we have to monitor subinterfaces on we still use ISL
which will prove to be more difficult in the future as Cisco drops ISL
from more and more products to support the standard.

Don't forget you can mix ISL and dot1q on a switch environment. I use
ISL as mentioned on router to switch internally and dot1q to clients for

standards support.

Haven't hit any problems so far but of course we don't need things like
VLAN in VLAN which require dot1q.

Darren