[nsp] From the baby to the beast

Stephen J. Wilcox steve@telecomplete.co.uk
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:41:52 +0000 (GMT)

dont forget its only one packet for each flow.. i dont know for sure but i'd
imagine a single gaming session altho udp is continous and therefore only one
flow.

and if you make your cache timeout a little larger than usual (most ppl use 1min
i believe) that will reduce the amount of accounting also.

i dont see why the routers cant hack it, guess you can always try it - you can
turn on the netflow accounting even if your not collecting the data and see what
the load looks like, be prepared for a quick backout ;)

a final thought is if all you want to do is analyse bandwidth on a per host
basis can you not achieve this with mac accounting and snmp?

Steve