[nsp] Cisco 4506 rumors?

Administration Networking Networking at email.fleming.com
Fri Dec 13 12:29:32 EST 2002

We're about to invest in a forklift full of Cisco's 4506 switches.  Our vendor, a telco who shall remain nameless, thinks that slow shipping dates for this product are due to quality control problems.  The vendor said that the 4506's were being recalled en mass.

I've trolled the internet, looked at Cisco's web site, and contacted our Cisco AM.  The AM will be getting back to us.  Can anyone on this list confirm or deny this rumor?  Or should we take our rumor-mongering somewhere else?

Thanks,

Stephen Sandifer
Fleming, Inc.