[nsp] inbound failover without BGP?

Sergio Ramos sramos at gibnet.net
Wed Dec 18 15:21:41 EST 2002

Hi!

There are specific devices for your requirements. I haven´t had the chance
to test them but probably someone on this list can share with us their
experiences.

LinkProof: http://www.radware.com/content/products/link.asp

"LinkProof provides intelligent inbound and outbound load balancing while
eliminating the complexities of traditional routing protocols like BGP.
Smart NAT mechanism provides simplified management of IP address ranges
assigned to the network by various ISPs."

Warp: http://www.fatpipeinc.com/warp/

"WARP dynamically load balances over multiple ISPs without the need for BGP
programming."

Powerlink: http://www.astrocorp.com/

You may also find this document of interest:

Enabling Enterprise Multihoming with Cisco IOS NAT:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/iosw/ioft/ionetn/tech/emios_wp.htm

There was a previous thread in the list about this issue:

http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2002-September/000616.html

regards,

Sergio.