[nsp] Cost metric for ACL entries in TCAM

Florian Weimer Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Thu Dec 19 12:45:16 EST 2002

Florian Weimer <Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE> writes:

> So I'm interested in a concrete description of the ODM table merging
> algorithm, or a way of generating the table externally and loading it
> directly into the router.  In both cases, I should be able to count
> the actual table entries (and use them as some kind of currency).

I've discovered that it's possible to dump the TCAM tables using "show
tcam detail acl" or "show tcam detail qos".  (These are EXEC mode
commands.)

Some of the columns in the output are a bit mysterious...

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/