[nsp] ADSL

Adam Korab adam at inebraska.com
Wed Dec 25 02:41:05 EST 2002

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 03:26:24PM +0000, isamar@isamarmaia.org wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have a 2611. What do I need to plug it into an adsl line?
> New IOS? An ADSL Wan Card?
> Sorry for this question whose answer is apparently obvious but
> I want to be sure.
> My IOS vers is 12.0(7)T.

I use the WIC-1ADSL, which as far as I know only works with DMT lines
and not CAP.  I use it in a 2650, but a 2611 should be OK.  As far as
IOS, I use 12.2.8(T)

I believe the first version that supported this card was 12.2.4(T),
which reliably crashed about once a week.  12.2.6(T) was pretty useless
when I got it from the TAC and as such I had to downgrade, but 12.2.8(T)
has been a solidly good performer.

--Adam
--
Adam Korab