[nsp] 802.11b

Niels Bakker niels=cisco-nsp at bakker.net
Wed Dec 25 18:04:30 EST 2002

* yurtseven@meteksan.net.tr (Ali Kemal Yurtseven) [Wed 25 Dec 2002, 17:43 CET]:
> How many channels can we use at the same time on aironets near to each
> other,

Channels need to be at least six apart.  That means you can use channels
1 and 7 on access points in adjacent places, or 2 and 8 and so on.

> i.e assume a building is used as concentration point, where all root
> bridges are located, and the non-root bridges are at other places away
> from the root bridges. Theorically, we should be able to use 13
> channels, but I'm having some problems, which I think interference
> between bridges causing these problems.

If you have a look at a table of frequencies used in 802.11b you'll see
that theoretically you definitely cannot use all 13 channels within
range simultaneously.

	-- Niels.