[nsp] Tunnels, IP Precedence, small routers

Mark Kent mark@noc.mainstreet.net
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 11:55:51 -0800 (PST)

I need to put several routers around the world at sites
attached in various ways to the Internet.  These routers
would server as endpoints of GRE tunnels used to connect
multicast domains.   Some of them will need to be able
to handle a T1 port, some need dual ethernet.

A key point is that we need to prioritize certain kinds of traffic
going through the tunnels.  We recognize that this won't have an
impact once the traffic leaves our own access links, but at least for
that first hop we want to control usage in this fashion.

I'm looking at the 1760 and 26x0 series, but I'm having a hard
time figuring out which IOS image would do the job and on what
platform.

For example, here
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/qostunnel.html
they mention minimum IOS requirements, but don't really
say much about platforms.

It's been a while since I dipped below the 7200 range of routers,
so I've lost touch with the capabilities.  Anyone have any hints
and suggestions?

Thanks,
-mark

P.S.  being able to ssh to these boxes would be a bonus.