[nsp] ospf question

Scott Granados scott@wworks.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:49:54 -0800 (PST)

I have two routers in this case a cisco 7513 and a cisco 6509 with an
msfc2 option.

The 7513 is running 12.1-1a-fc1 and the 6509 is running

the 6509 is running 12.1-11b-e4 and the cat side is  running 7.2.2.

I have an ospf session used for distributing local data and loop backs
between the two and bgp runnig on both for internet views.

Each router contains peers, I place the ip ranges for the peering point in
the 6509, its send to the 7513 and traffic on the 7513 can reach my peers
attached to the6509 on this common class c.

The 7513 is on a different peering point, and a different class c.  If I
place the class c in to ospf on the 7513 it is sent to the  6509 and seen
there with a  show ip route ospf
heven my far end interface a member of the peering class c is pingable
from the 6509 and trace routes work.
When I try to ping other peers on the far end 7513 from the 6509 packets
are lost.  When I peer with them the data is passed in to bgp I see it on
both routers, see the proper paths during a trace route however new peers
on the 7513 are unreachable from the 6509 as it hits a point the far end
peering class c that it has no route to the peers who are members of the
same class c.

I hope this is clear.  Are there any thoughts:).