[nsp] Redundant Default gateway

Richard Walsh rmw1@net1plus.com
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 23:09:50 -0500

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a 2600 router w/a T1 for
internet access. It also has a coonection to a private frame-relay
network. My goal is to have all traffic diverted thru the private frame,
to a remote ite, and out it's internet link, when the Primary T! goes
down. I tried adding another default route with a higher administrative
distance. The two routes look like this:
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.17 10
I brought down the primary T1 but the original route stayed in the
routing table. Am I going about this the right way? Any help would be
highly appreciated!! Thanks

Rich