[nsp] MHSRP on 2600 and 3600

Terry Baranski terry@eurocompton.net
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 21:10:51 -0500

I don't believe GLBP-supporting IOS versions have been released yet.
Has anyone heard anything on a timeframe?  The questions on this that
I've seen in the NetPro forums have only gotten the standard "keep
checking feature navigator" responses.

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-admin@puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-admin@puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Z
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 12:51 AM
To: Pete Templin
Cc: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [nsp] MHSRP on 2600 and 3600

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 09:14:06PM -0800, Z wrote:

>   Can anyone confirm that MHSRP works on the AmdFE and AmdP2 ethernet
> controllers?  The load sharing with MHSRP document suggests that it
> doesn't work on QUICC and LANCE, but doesn't say anything further.

  Also, is anyone out there using the Gateway Load Balancing Protocol (
GLBP )?  It is listed as a solution to the problem I'm describing here:

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/iosw/prodlit/glbpd_ds.htm

  It sounds fairly interesting and would probably be more of a solution
than MHSRP, etc.

  Anyone know anything about GLBP or is it vaporware?

TIA,

.z