[nsp] ip cef distributed

Scott Granados scott@wworks.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:04:52 -0800

Hi a quick question.

I have two routers router a and router b are connected to each other via a
metro ethernet loop.
they use ospf to distribute their igp.

Router b has a fast E attached to a peering fabrick in this case its a 7513
w/ rsp4.
I distribute the /24 attached to the far fast E into igp and to router a.

If I have ip cef distributed turned on I can ping the far end interface ie
a.b.c.50 just fine but I can't ping say a.b.c.48 or a.b.c.30 other routers
attached to the same peering fabrick.

If I disable ip cef distributed it works can ping and route traffic.

Router b in the telnet session can ping every member on the peer fabrick its
router a that looses connectivity when ip cef is enabled.

So if ip cef is enabled unless your in the same datacenter that the peering
is happening none of the other sites can reach the peers and the bgp data is
preserved so it breaks the paths.

Thoughts?