[nsp] 82/8 allocated to RIPE

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 02:14:30 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Philip Smith wrote:
> >] The point of a dedicated list is that it doesn't have any additional
> >] traffic (e.g. an announce-only, no discussion allowed); you can e.g.
> >
> >Sure, that makes good sense.  I'm more than willing to host such a list
> >if there are enough interested folks.  I'll wait a bit to hear what
> >others think.
>
> And how do we get people to subscribe to yet another announcement list? In
> theory it's a nice idea, but I think the reality is that such information
> has to be stuck into people's faces this way so that the bogon filters
> stand a chance of getting changed...

You seem to make an assumption that announcements that are currently sent
would cease to exist.

I didn't; I was assuming it would just be one additional, "semi-official"
channel for announcing updates.

Yes, I agree that something more automated, closer to the source (IANA)
would be better, but that may not be the case.

Note: the announcements could even be generated by a script which fetches
the latest IANA page and compares it to a previous one; I don't know how
you monitor updates now, Rob.