[nsp] Zinc Whiskers

Chip Old fold@bcpl.net
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 08:41:03 -0500 (EST)

This is rather off-topic, but I need feedback (anecdotal or official
Cisco) on the effect of zinc whiskers on Cisco power supplies and other
circuitry. Our other vendors have plenty of information on their Web
sites, but I can't find anything on CCO.  The powers that be want buy-in
from all our vendors before they'll take any action.

If you're not familiar with the zinc whisker phenomenon in old computer
rooms, a Google search will tell you more than you ever wanted to know.

Contact me off-list rather than clog the list with OT matter.

--
Chip Old (Francis E. Old)             E-Mail:  fold@bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services        Phone:   410-887-6180