[nsp] BGP Policy Accounting on Cat 6xxx/4xxx?

Simon Leinen simon@limmat.switch.ch
05 Oct 2002 00:37:33 +0200

Hroi,

BGP Policy accounting is supported with OSM modules for the 7600 OSR
(which is another name for a Catalyst 6500 Sup2 with OSMs I think).
You have to configure "ingress-dsb" on the interface to make it work.

It would be great if the forwarding ASIC had the capability to do BGP
Policy Accounting - it doesn't seem that hard to implement in
hardware.  But I have the suspicion, which I cannot prove, that the
current ASICs, at least on the Cat 6500, don't allow this.
--
Simon.