[nsp] C2948 BVI rate-limit issue

Ben (Y.M.Feng) ben@optisp.com
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 18:02:23 +0800

Hi All,

We are using a Cisco Catalyst 2948 switch-router to provide both
Broadband Access (Ethernet access) and co-location services. For the
Boradband one, 4 ethernet interface are grouped into a BVI, and the
co-location are using another interface. For the reason of that the
Broadband Access clients are using too much bandwidth and cause the
co-location servers almost can't be visited.

Is there a way on how to build a rate-limit config to limite the
Broadband user's bandwidth ? ( I have try to config a rate-limit under
the physical interface, but seems it don't work. :(

Or is there another way to decrease the piority of the broadband traffic
(and let the co-location go first).

The 2948 is working with this IOS: cat2948g-in-mz.120-18.W5.22b.bin

TIA for any kindly help.

Ben Feng
optisp.com