[nsp] Time limiting ISDN connections

Victor Sudakov sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:27:37 +0700

Dave [Hawk-Systems] wrote:

> Would like to limit some ISDN clients to "business hours" only, or "off peak"
> hours.
>
> With RADIUS we can determine the time of the login request and validate against
> the hours that client is allowed to be connected and auth or not auth based on
> that.
>
> Can we send an AVpair down to the router to instructed it (or the NAS) to

Some RADIUS servers support the Login-Time check item, e.g. Cistron:

  Login-Time defines the time span a user may login to the system. The
  format of a so-called time string is like the format used by UUCP.

[dd]

  Radiusd calculates the number of seconds left in the time span, and
  sets the Session-Timeout to that number of seconds. So if someones
  Login-Time is "Al0800-1800" and she logs in at 17:30, Session-Timeout
  is set to 1800 seconds so that she is kicked off at 18:00.

Hope this helps.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN