[nsp] Any way to talk to the ROM monitor on GRP-B on a GSR?

Matt Ryan Matt.Ryan@telewest.co.uk
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 13:56:58 +0100

Perhaps one (the only?) time where the boot image on the GRP might have
helped? I've not tried it, but can you "attach" to the GRP slot when its
running on the boot image (probably not the ROMMON as it can't speak to the
MBUS).

Matt.

-----Original Message-----
From: sthaug@nethelp.no [mailto:sthaug@nethelp.no]
Sent: 19 October 2002 21:54
To: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: [nsp] Any way to talk to the ROM monitor on GRP-B on a GSR?

Assuming I have a GSR (12016) with to GRPs, 20 MB flash cards in slot0
in both GRPs, running 12.0(22)S1 on the active processor, supposed to
run in RPR mode but the flash card on the standby GRP has been wiped
(thus after the reboot the standby processor doesn't really work as a
standby, since it has nothing to boot IOS from): Is there any way from
the active (running) GRP to talk to the ROM monitor on the standby GRP
in order to transfer an IOS image to the flash card on the standby GRP?

(The GSR in question is no longer in this state - it's easy enough to
fix with physical access to the router, moving around flash cards etc.
I just want to know if I could have done it without physical access to
the router.)