[nsp] IOS 12.0 S-train for VXR

Gert Doering gert@greenie.muc.de
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:58:38 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 12:37:55PM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
> > 21S2 has issues with PA-E3/PA-T3s.
>
> 	Gert, do you have the bugid for this?  This was on the 7500 only
> from what i understand.

I have no bugid, and I haven't seen this myself (sorry).

I didn't test this image at all, as a colleague told me that he had an E3
not coming up at all with this IOS version on his 7200.  So it is not only
a 7500.

It's definitely fixed in 21S3 (or S4?) - I tried a later image, and my
E3s came up just fine, just the interface counters stopped working.

> > 21S3 has broken interface counters.
>
> 	Someone  mentioned they had problems with 22S and 22S1, what
> did they see?  I've run 22S S1 and later on 7200s with no problems
> that i've noticed.. (although i'm not closely watching snmp data for
> example).

Could you do a rough check of "show int" counters vs. "5 minute
average"?  Like "it's showing 5000 packets per second, and after
10 seconds, the output packet counter indeed goes up by 50.000"?  The
problems in 21S3 have been *very* obvious.

thanks,

gert

--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * a train back to Munich *