[nsp] 7206 VXR for ADSL PPPoE Aggregation

Charles Hardin chardin@centurytel.net
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:37:10 -0500

Hello,

We're running 12.2(4)B4 currently...

FYI -- I'm already addressing one issue with TAC on the use of the ATM PVC
range command on the ATM multipoint sub-int for a PA-A3. The issue is that
if you build out your PVC range up to the max number supported, 4096, and
then make a configuration change that applies to all PVC's in this range,
such as changing encaps or applying max-session limits, CPU utilization
hits 99.99% and makes the server unusable until a reset/reload clears the
changes. The current work around, which I'm still testing, is to build out
each range of VPI/VCI's separately, say 1024 in each range, and apply them
to their own ATM sub-interface. I'll continue working with this until
satisfied with a solution...

Thanks,
Charles