[nsp] MPLS: a couple of questions

Neil J. McRae neil@COLT.NET
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:34:36 -0000

We are using LDP across the COLT AS8220 backbone. Its been stable until
we tried to upgrade to: 12.0-21.ST4  which is probably the most broken
version of IOS that I've ever had to deal with, 12.0-17.ST5 is pretty
good but doesn't have the latest DDOS tracking commands.
Just be wary of traceroute when you make the change, it doesn't work
quite
how it should and some users get spooked when the first hop reports the
total RTT to
the endpoint rather than the first hop. [Personally I think this is a
good
thing as traceroute output is one of the most wrongly interpreted
network
tools ever].

Regards,
Neil.