[nsp] ospf (cisco and zebra)

Mark Kent mark@noc.mainstreet.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:21:09 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I've got a cisco/ospf/zebra query...

The facts:

  two freebsd boxes on a fastethernet sub-interface (802.1q)
  serviced by a cisco7206.

  freebsd boxes have the same set of IP addresses, X, attached to their
  loopback interfaces.

  freebsd boxes run ospf using zebra

The goal:

  one freebsd box to be preferred for packets destined for X
  (from the point of view of the cisco7206).
  The other one would not get any packets destined for X
  delivered to it.
and
  I'ld like the preference to be dictated by the freebsd boxes
  and not by me on the cisco7206.

  Naturally, when the preferred box goes away (dies, for example)
  the ospf session would go away and then I'ld want to start
   delivering packets to the previously un-preferred box.

My problem:
  I can't get it working.

Symptoms:
  All I ever seem to get from the cisco point of view is
  equal cost paths.

What I need:
  Hints about how to do this using ospf
  or reasons why I shouldn't be using ospf
  (yes, I am aware of vrrp)

Thanks,
-mark