[nsp] 2924 XL Terminal Server Access Issue

Ryan O'Connell ryan-nsp@complicity.co.uk
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 22:25:20 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:07:12 -0400 jim.phillipo@guardent.com wrote:
> We have a 2600 series router which we are using as a terminal server
> with 2
> Octal Sync cable. The issue is with a 2924 XL switch.
>
> For whatever reason the terminal server is unable to connect to its
> console
> port. I do not even get a link lite on the 2600.

Have you tried a different port on the 2600 and have you tried a different
device (E.g. laptop serial port) with the Catalyst 2900? Sounds like a
hardware fault, broken console ports on the 2900 are relatively common.

Failing that, it could be something like a serial speed mismatch or console
with no exec but I'd then expect you to see something (Junk or messages
during boot) and not nothing at all.

--
      Ryan O'Connell
Mail: ryan@complicity.co.uk