[nsp] Route-Reflector question

Sanchez, Pablo - (Arg) pablo.sanchez@attla.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:44:22 -0300

use the route-reflector command only if you have more than 3 routers in
cascade, think that if you have in the r3 an EBGP session and you need =
redistribute these prefixes in your backbone, you don=B4t need in the =
link
r2-r3 route reflectors, you must configure route reflector in the r2 =
between
r1. In=20

It depend=B4s, where are your EBGP sessions...

-----Mensaje original-----
De: TMS [mailto:tomek@absolut.vinyl.pl]
Enviado el: Jueves, 26 de Septiembre de 2002 03:20 a.m.
Para: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Asunto: [nsp] Route-Reflector question

Hello
I have question regarding BGP Route-Reflector. I have BGP network
which looks like that:

[router1] <---> [router2] <---> [router3]
 1.1.1.1         1.1.1.2         1.1.1.3

router1 is r1
router2 is r2
router3 is r3

r1 and r2 are in "IBGP mesh"
r3 is RR-Client for r2
r2 is RR-Client for r3

So, i configured this that:

r1:

router bgp 100
  neighbor 1.1.1.2 remote-as 100
  neighbor 1.1.1.2 next-hop-self
!

r2:

router bgp 100
  neighbor 1.1.1.1 remote-as 100
  neighbor 1.1.1.1 next-hop-self
  neighbor 1.1.1.3 remote-as 100
  neighbor 1.1.1.3 next-hop-self
  neighbor 1.1.1.3 route-reflector-client
!

r3:

router bgp 100
  neighbor 1.1.1.2 remote-as 100
  neighbor 1.1.1.2 next-hop-self
  neighbor 1.1.1.2 route-reflector-client
!

Is above BGP Configurations are correct ? Maybe I should delete line:
"neighbor 1.1.1.2 route-reflector-client" from r3 configuration ?

best regards,
Tommy
Este mensaje es confidencial. El mismo contiene informaci=F3n reservada =

y que no puede ser difundida. Si usted ha recibido este e-mail=20
por error, por favor av=EDsenos inmediatamente v=EDa e-mail y tenga la=20
amabilidad de eliminarlo de su sistema; no deber=E1 copiar el mensaje=20
ni divulgar su contenido a ninguna persona. Muchas gracias.
=20
This message is confidential. It contains information that is =
privileged and
legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this e-mail by =
mistake,

please let us know immediately by e-mail and delete it from your =
system;=20
you should also not copy the message nor disclose its contents to =
anyone.=20
Thank You.