[nsp] Setting sync on PA-A3-T3

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Tue Apr 8 15:15:14 EDT 2003

"James-lists" <hackerwacker at cybermesa.com> writes:

> : Note that the internal clocking for such a thing is a stratum 3 PLL
> : timer, so plenty good enough for b2b and dark-fiber applications.  If
> : you have no timeslots to fit into in the SONET cloud, it doesn't
> : really matter much how accurate your timesource is; frames go out,
> : frames come in, life goes on. :)
>
> Am I correct in assuming NTP plays no part in disciplining this
> phase lock loop ?

correct.  to restate what eric osborne said in slightly different
terms, if you aren't interconnecting to anyone, just doing point to
point, dark fiber, wdm, whatever...  there is no such thing as a clock
slip...  one end is master (clock source internal), one end is slave
(clock source network) and away you go.

                                        ---rob