[nsp] PXF / NSE-1 experiences?

rpcbind at speakeasy.net rpcbind at speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 17 16:16:11 EDT 2003

Have an application that's demanding some creative output NAT'ing (mapping
pool based on tcp src port) in the 20-40kpps / 20-30mb/s range to start out
with near-term growth in the 3-4x range. Box will be mostly dedicated to this
and routing tables will be tiny (stuffed into a stub area).

I'm guessing I'll need to go w/ a 7200/NSE-1 to get in that neighborhood and
was wondering what experiences people have had with PXF in live networks.

  http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/ifaa/prossor/nse1/pxf.htm

Doesn't seem to have been updated recently, and Feature Navgtr doesn't list
PXF-accelerated svcs. Is this an feature that never really panned out and is
being abandoned, or is there some real value in it?