[nsp] Cisco 3660 Password Recovery

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Fri Apr 18 08:44:45 EDT 2003

I would not do it.... You need to boot into rommon.  If your using tera
term you use the "alt b" to enter rommon(here is the list of break keys
for each program http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/701/61.html ).  Then
you need to set the configreg to 2142.  then reload.  This will set it
to boot but not load the config.  When it boots, it will ask if you want
to enter the setup utility.  Enter no.  Then copy start run and reenter
your new passwords.  Then set the configreg to 2102. copy run start and
reload and you should be set.  (complete instructions
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_p
assword_recovery09186a0080094774.shtml )

Scott Voll
Network Analyst, CCNA
Willamette ESD
503-385-4571