[nsp] PXF / NSE-1 experiences?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sat Apr 19 17:35:24 EDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 09:31:33PM +0200, Gregor von Stangen wrote:
> Meanwhile, I guess, you might check out the NPE-G1. I have no personal
> experience with this CPU but from what I take from the data sheet, it
> is believed to be more powerful than the NSE-1. Maybe some other list
> members can help you with their experiences.

	I participated in the NPE-G1 beta program.  Nice board.
Worked quite well for us, the only issue we had initally was
that it was only supported on 12.2(4)B.

	It's supported in 12.2(14)S and S1.

	It can do about 2xGE linerate depending on your
packet size which is a lot better than the npe-300/400 as well
as having built-in 3x 10/100/1000 ports.

	Once 12.2S catches up with 12.0S featurewise it'll be
an even more attractive platform for people.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net