[nsp] QoS vs. Stable IOS

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Apr 23 15:21:18 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Luciano wrote:

> As far as I know all of us usually prefer to use a code from the mainline
> 12.0S in "Core" Routers, and live as far as possible from T version.
>
> The problem is 12.0S does NOT support many of QoS tools (CBWFQ, LLQ, etc).
>
> May be 12.2(14)S comes up to shine our life, but upto now is too young to
> say that is a Stable version.

I was forced to upgrade to 12.2(14)S both for QoS (CBWFQ, LLQ) on 7200's
and for working SNMP counters on 7500's.

Other than the problem with the CLI hanging sometimes when recently made
telnet connections try sending too much data, I haven't run into any major
bugs.  The CLI thing is annoying, but doesn't stop the unit from routing.