[RE: [[nsp] PIX log analysis]]

Joshua Sahala joshua.ej.smith at usa.net
Fri Apr 25 15:52:45 EDT 2003

kiwi was pretty easy, but all of the cool features only came in the
pay-to-play copy :(

for all of my cisco hardware, i define a facility number then point
it at my syslog box (solaris2.6 with the standard syslog daemon).
my syslog.conf has entries like this:

local1.debug          /var/log/edge-router.log
local3.debug          /var/log/access-switch.log
[...]
etc

then i can chew my logs up however i choose - syslogNG and some other
newer (and free) daemons can sort by ip/facility/severity/etc, but
i have been to busy (lazy) to set it up.

joshua