[nsp] PA-A6 over PA-A3

Brad Bonin brad at cisco.com
Wed Apr 30 11:00:51 EDT 2003

Increasing the number of simultaneous SARs was done to handle the
increase in the number of VC's.  Theoretically, by doubling your vc
count, you will need to be able to buffer more packets and
simultaneously segment/reassemble more packets at the same time.

Most important thing to remember is that the A6 provides support for
8191 vc's.  As a result, more buffer memory and simultaneous SARs are
required due to a higher probability that more packets will enter/exit
at the same time.  I probably should have just left off the SAR
increase:-)

Please reply directly if you have further questions.

Brad