[nsp] Trouble after upgrade

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Aug 3 00:08:21 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 aaronh at amerion.net wrote:

>   5 minute input rate 16923000 bits/sec, 2180 packets/sec
>   5 minute output rate 9000 bits/sec, 171880 packets/sec

Hmm...broken counters.  That never happens with IOS :)

>  I appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.  Oh, and we're running
> 12.2(13)T5 (we'll be moving to 12.3 as soon as I can talk the boss into
> spending the money on flash).  If I haven't provided enough info, let me
> know, I'll be happy to help you help me  =)

Upgrade to a recent enough bootflash, and you can save alot of money on
flash by using compact flash cards (128mb ones are cheap) and a $5
CF/PCMCIA adaptor instead of the pricier/smaller Cisco flash cards.

My current plan is to start deploying these in 7200's and 7500's such that
there's one flash card and one CF.  The flash card is for a "backup" IOS
image just in case something happens to the bootflash since ROM IOS won't
boot from "disk" devices.