[nsp] Multi-VRF BGP: Does it support unique BGP AS number per VRF?

William Chu william_w_chu at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 21:49:45 EDT 2003

Is it possible to put in unique BGP AS number under each customer VRF config
in BGP? It's like creating multiple virtual customer BGP routers with each
VRF having its own BGP AS number. Right now it seems like it can't be done
(I am using IOS 12.3.1a) and all VRFs inherit the same BGP AS number that
was defined under the global BGP process.

With Multi-VRF EIGRP (new in IOS 12.2.15T) I was able to enter unique EIGRP
process number in a per-VRF environment. I wish I can do the same for
Multi-VRF BGP.

Thanks,

William Chu