[nsp] QoS issues with LLQ, Fair Queue and Frame Relay

Luciano Salata salata-list at ifxnw.com.ar
Mon Aug 11 16:46:40 EDT 2003

Eric,

If you are using voice gateways like Cisco ATAs or any other capable, you
can send the voice traffic already marked by the GW and then just classify
by looking the ToS field (precedence/dscp). This way, you will decrease the
classification complexity at the router, and probably decrease the cpu
"utilization".

On the other hand, using g.729 doesn't mean in a link utilization of 8kbps
per call. Without using header compression and/or tweeking the payload size,
one g729 call may use ~25kbps.

HTH

Luciano